Making a shortcut to the Connect To window
Do this only if you have Windows 95
Directions for working around the connect-to window bug
There is a little bug in the microsoft dialer that makes it forget to bring up the connect to window after the system has last power or locks up while connected to the internet. When this happens, you get an error saying Internet Explorer cannot open your start page. It never dials or even asks you for the password. To fix this problem you have to 'jump start' the connection.
You should do the steps that follow to place a shortcut icon on your Windows 95 desktop. Then read and retain the directions for 'jump starting' the connection.
You now have a 'shortcut to CSS' icon on your desktop
- Double click the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop
- Double click 'Dial-up networking' in the 'My Computer' window
- Right click the 'CSS' icon
- Select 'create shortcut' from the pop up menu
- Answer YES to create a short cut on the desktop instead
- Close the 'dial-up networking' window
- Close the 'My Computer' window
Directions for jump starting the connection
- Double click 'Shortcut to CSS'
- Enter you password then click CONNECT
- After all the squealing stops, double click 'The Internet'
Back to Lauderdale County Home Page
This page last updated Wed Jun 25 15:23:19 CDT 1997 and © 1996,97 by
Custom Software Solutions. For corrections, omissions, comments or suggestions click here. Look at CSS Internet Service for information on the complete line of Internet services for Lauderdale County.